The COVID-19 virus is causing many families and organizations to struggle financially. They need food and resources as youth are out of school and people cannot work. Please consider donating to our COVID-19 Crisis Fund that will be distributed throughout Ionia and Montcalm counties. All financial support directed to this fund will be used to provide basic needs to families in Montcalm and Ionia Counties through United Way Montcalm-Ionia programs and partner agencies.
$300 Universal Charitable Deduction
The CARES Act creates a $300 "nonitemizer" deduction for 2020.
- Is in full effect as of Friday and will apply to donations made for all of 2020
- Only for people who do not itemize their taxes
- Donors who itemize their taxes are eligible for the existing charitable deduction
- Only for cash donations (not in kind)
- Can be used by the charity for any purpose (not limited to COVID-19 relief efforts)