Mission and Purpose
United Way Montcalm – Ionia Counties envisions a community united to create better opportunities where everyone achieves their potential through quality education, financial stability, and healthy lifestyles.
United Way Montcalm – Ionia Counties provides leadership and resources to improve the quality of life in our community by generating revenue, creating awareness and engaging volunteers to support the programs and services of our affiliate agency partners.
United Way Montcalm – Ionia County is committed to being a good steward of the community and to be a catalyst for change that mobilizes a caring community to improve people’s lives.
LIVE UNITED. It's a credo. A mission. A goal. A constant reminder that when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. We build the strength of our neighborhoods. We bolster the health of our communities. And we change the lives of those who walk by us every day.
- To conduct a fund raising campaign for contributions to health and human service programs for selected agencies and provide a surplus for emergencies.
- To assist residents of Ionia and Montcalm Counties in making distributions to health, welfare and charitable organizations, and community services that make our counties a better place in which to live, work and do business.
- To operate a volunteer center that will assist persons and local organizations in finding and utilizing volunteer services.
- To promote cooperation among organizations striving for a UNITED appeal.
- To serve as a community-wide forum for identifying the needs for human services.
- To provide an effective voice for ensuring that these services are performed according to the high standards of quality, efficiency, and economy.
- To act as a central instrument through which the whole community can both support and make use of the agencies that perform these services.
United Way Montcalm-Ionia Counties is committed to being a good steward of the community resources that are entrusted to our care.
10260 S. Sheridan Rd
P.O Box 87
Fenwick, MI 48834-0087