Mission and Purpose
United Way envisions a community where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, financial stability, and healthy lives. A community where...
- All children recieve a quality education that offers a pathway to a brighter tomorrow.
- The cycle of poverty and financial dependence ends, and productive livelihoods begin for even the most disadvantaged.
- Everyone has access to healthy food, physical activity, and quality health care that improves the quality of life.
United Way Montcalm – Ionia Counties envisions a community united to create better opportunities where everyone achieves their potential through quality education, financial stability, and healthy lifestyles.
United Way Montcalm – Ionia County is committed to being a good steward of the community and to be a catalyst for change that mobilizes a caring community to improve people’s lives.
LIVE UNITED. It's a credo. A mission. A goal. A constant reminder that when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. We build the strength of our neighborhoods. We bolster the health of our communities. And we change the lives of those who walk by us every day.
- To conduct a fund raising campaign for contributions to health and human service programs for selected agencies and provide a surplus for emergencies.
- To assist residents of Ionia and Montcalm Counties in making distributions to health, welfare and charitable organizations, and community services that make our counties a better place in which to live, work and do business.
- To operate a volunteer center that will assist persons and local organizations in finding and utilizing volunteer services.
- To promote cooperation among organizations striving for a UNITED appeal.
- To serve as a community-wide forum for identifying the needs for human services.
- To provide an effective voice for ensuring that these services are performed according to the high standards of quality, efficiency, and economy.
- To act as a central instrument through which the whole community can both support and make use of the agencies that perform these services.
United Way Montcalm-Ionia Counties is committed to being a good steward of the community resources that are entrusted to our care.
United Way is an inclusive organization that fights for everyone in our community. We work towards equity in schools, jobs and health care to ensure that the basic rights and freedoms of everyone are protected.
10260 S. Sheridan Rd
P.O Box 87
Fenwick, MI 48834-0087